Advice on the Coronavirus for places of education
28th February 2020
Re: Coronavirus - COVID–19 Advice for schools and educational settings
You may be aware that advice for travellers from affected areas has recently changed and it has come to our attention that this may affect children and staff returning from holidays. Please be aware that this is a fast evolving situation and we will continue to share any new advice at the earliest opportunity.
As of 28th February advice for returning travellers is as follows;
1) If you have returned from the following areas since February 19th, call NHS111 to inform them of your recent travel, stay indoors and avoid contact with other people even if you do not have symptoms:
- Specific lockdown areas in Northern Italy* as designated by the Government of Italy
- Daegu or Cheongdo, Republic of Korea
- Hubei province, China (returned in the past 14 days)
- Bertonico • Casalpusterlengo • Castelgerundo • Castiglione D'Adda • Codogno • Fombio • Maleo • San Fiorano • Somaglia • Terranova dei Passerini: • Vo in Venetta
2) If you have returned from the following areas since February 19th and develop symptoms, however mild, you should stay indoors at home and avoid contact with other people immediately and call NHS111. You do not need to follow this advice if you have no symptoms.
- Northern Italy
3) If you have returned to the UK from any of the following areas in the last 14 days and develop symptoms of cough or fever or shortness of breath, you should immediately stay indoors and avoid contact with other people, call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to the country.
- Other parts of China outside Hubei province
- Republic of Korea
- Hong Kong
Further guidance for educational settings has been published at the following links and will be updated as soon as possible with the above advice and any further changes: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-educational-settings-about-covid-19
Information for the public: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public
If families have travelled from the destinations list above, we ask you to follow the guidance and urge you to regularly check the Government website for updates if the situation changes. I also ask that you inform the school if you have travelled from any of the above areas, you have called 111 and, on the basis of the advice received, you have arranged for your son or daughter to self-isolate for the recommend period of time (normally 14 days).
Please see the attached information on how you can limit the spread of viruses such as coronavirus, at home, at work and at school.
Miss S Millard