Applying for a High School Place (Year 6)
High School Applications for September 2023
Children born between 1 September 2011 and 31 August 2012 are due to start secondary school in September 2023.
How to apply
Your application must be completed before 31st October 2022.
You can apply online now.
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU HAVE CREATED AN ACCOUNT PREVIOUSLY YOU MUST USE THE SAME EMAIL ACCOUNT:
Leeds City Council write to families to invite you to apply for a place, the letter provides information about the application process, however you do not need this letter to apply for a secondary school place.
f you are not a resident of Leeds (you pay council tax to a different local authority) you will need to apply through your own local authority, even if you wish to apply for a place at a Leeds school.
Get help with your application
For help with your application contact us on:
Phone: 0113 222 4414
You can preference up to five schools as part of your application. We recommend that you use all five preferences and read the admissions policies for each of the schools.
|Secondary school applications, important dates
There are different types of schools in Leeds. Some Leeds schools use the Leeds City Council Admissions Policy and other schools use their own policies.
Schools prioritise applications in different ways. Some prioritise mainly on distance and others use different criteria such as faith.
It is important that you check the admissions policy for the schools you are applying for to understand where on their ranked list of applications your child might be.
Before you apply
Before you apply we would advise you to:
- visit the schools you are interested in applying for before you making your application to ensure that you are making an informed choice.
- read the information in the composite prospectus for parents carers including the school information and oversubscription criteria to ensure you include school(s) where your child has a realistic chance of being offered a place
- speak to staff in school or call the Admissions Team on 0113 222 4414 to clarify any issues you are not sure about
- consider how your child will get to school and the potential transport costs.
Before the closing date
Before the closing date on 31 October 2022 we would advise you to:
- complete your online application and have received confirmation that this has been submitted
- tell us of up to 5 schools you would prefer and read the admissions policies for each of these schools
- if you are claiming exceptional medical or mobility needs (priority 1b), checked that your preferred school considers exceptional circumstances as part of their admissions criteria
- complete and return any supplementary information forms (SIFs) and supporting evidence if you are applying for a school place and meet specific criteria such as faith, previously looked after by the local authority